The Baroque Festival is held annually to encourage the study of Baroque Music. Guest artists present an educational program about the music of this period in an entertaining manner that appeals to students of all ages including adults. Students are invited to play one original piece, any level, from memory, by any Baroque composer. Students of all disciplines including ensembles are welcome. Every student that participates will receive an attractive medal with a photo of this year’s composer, Johann Sebastian Bach.
• DATE: Saturday, January 18, 2020
• LOCATION: Chapman University
• REGISTRATION BEGINS: November 1, 2019 (form will be emailed)
• FEE: $25 per student; Ensembles: $15 per student
• DEADLINE: December 10, 2019
Guest Artist: James Dorsa
Composer for 2020: Johann Sebastian Bach
View Upcoming Calendar
Baroque Festival Registration Form emailed to members. Deadline to return is Dec. 10
Sat18Jan20208:30 amBertea Hall, Chapman University, Orange, CA
Featured Composer: JS Bach
Only original pieces from the Baroque period are accepted and must be memorized. Every student will receive an attractive medal with a picture of our featured composer, JS Bach.
Guest artist, James Dorsa, Harpsichordist, will instruct students about the period and encourage them to continue learning more. He will also be performing works of the Baroque period on the harpsichord.
• REGISTRATION FEE: $25 per Student Ensembles: $15 per Student
• REGISTRATION DEADLINE: December 10, 2019
Registration Form: will be emailed
Email Registration form to Kookhee Hong.
Fee: $25 per student. Ensembles: $15 per student ensemble member*
Mail to: Judith Moore, 1581 Kimberwick Drive, Santa Ana, CA 92705
* Checks payable to MTAC Orange County Branch
* Include copy of your student list