This program was created by MTAC Orange County Branch to encourage the study of concerto. It is an unique competition that supports students of all ages and with a wide range of repertoires. By collaborating with a regional orchestra, we help to support arts in our community and offer students a special performance experience. There will be four divisions, each based on student’s age. The entrant will play one movement of an original concerto of choice, with maximum time limit of 12 minutes. All instruments and vocalist are accepted. This event is open to the public, as the participants need to demonstrate their ability to perform in a live concert setting.
The judges will select four winners from each division. The first place winners will perform with the Orange County Symphony on its season opening concert in August each year.
COMPETITION DATE: Saturday, June 16, 2018
COMPETITION LOCATION: Chapman University
REGISTRATION PERIOD: April 15-April 30.
FEE:$50 per student
Based on the age on May 1st
Division I: Ages 12 and under
Division II: Ages 13‐15
Division III: Ages 16‐18
Division IV: Ages 19 and up
Time limit: 12 Minutes. you will be stopped at 12 minutes, it will not affect the competition result
1. Last years first place winner may enter again but with a different piece or movement, and moved up to the next category regardless of age. For example, the winner of division I will enter division II automatically. Division IV winner will remain at Division IV.
2. Parents, students, and teachers must follow all COMPETITION RULES AND REGULATIONS
3. Must be a student of our MTAC OC member.
COMPETITION RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Provide your own accompanist.
2. An entrant playing without an accompanist will be disqualified.
3. All pieces must be well memorized.
4. Prepare one copy of music for the judges
5. All pieces must be in original form, no transcriptions.
6. Judges’ decisions are final.
7. MTAC-OC reserves the right to modify, change, or cancel any information such as venue, time, prizes, or performance regarding the competition.
8. All fees are non refundable
Wendy Chen, Chair
e: [ email ]
View Upcoming Calendar