This program was created by MTAC Orange County Branch to encourage the study of concerto. It is an unique competition that supports students of all ages and with a wide range of repertoire. There will be four divisions, each based on student’s age. The entrant will play one movement of an original concerto of choice, with maximum time limit of 12 minutes. All instruments and vocalist are accepted. This event is open to the public, as the participants need to demonstrate their ability to perform in a live concert setting.
The judges will select four winners from each division.
COMPETITION DATE: Saturday, June 15, 2019
COMPETITION LOCATION: Chapman University
REGISTRATION PERIOD: May 1 – May 15, 2019
FEE:$50 per student
Based on the age on May 1st
Division I: Ages 12 and under
Division II: Ages 13‐15
Division III: Ages 16‐18
Division IV: Ages 19 and up
Time limit: 12 Minutes. you will be stopped at 12 minutes, it will not affect the competition result
1st place $150
2nd place $100
3rd Place $75
Honorable Mention $50
1. Last years first place winner may enter again but with a different piece or movement, and moved up to the next category regardless of age. For example, the winner of division I will enter division II automatically. Division IV winner will remain at Division IV.
2. Parents, students, and teachers must follow all COMPETITION RULES AND REGULATIONS
3. Must be a student of our MTAC OC member.
4. An Entrant may only enter one instrument per year.
COMPETITION RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Provide your own accompanist.
2. An entrant playing without an accompanist will be disqualified.
3. All pieces must be well memorized.
4. Prepare one copy of music for the judges
5. All pieces must be in original form, no transcriptions.
6. Judges’ decisions are final.
7. MTAC-OC reserves the right to modify, change, or cancel any information such as venue, time, prizes, or performance regarding the competition.
8. All fees are non refundable
Wendy Chen, Chair
e: [ email ]